Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Day two and I've changed the schedule again. I found it was easier to have a weekly plan for myself with all the assignments listed. I started with what I wanted the boys to know and then worked backward. From there, I hyperlinked a document that was for Jake and another for Zak. On each document was a list of their assignments broken down by subject for the day. We went over how to highlight the items as they finished, which putting action to the word by highlighting it, gave my kids a feeling of accomplishment.


Today the leprechaun brought the boys some Connect Four games and some Lucky Charms. For me, I had special deliveries as well.  My husband and my friend Amy brought me toilet paper! YES!  After breakfast, my kids started the St. Patrick's Day hyperdoc that I posted yesterday. After listening to stories and reading articles, they posted on the interactive padlet.  It was so fun when Elora jumped on and displayed her drawings. The kids were so excited to be able to comment, ask questions, and collaborate with each other. Check it out below!
From the hyperdoc the boys completed grade-level appropriate proofreading activities and lots and lots of reading and math practice. 
Tomorrow our morning will be focused on language arts and math, but the afternoon will be primarily STEM based. I've adapted a lesson to use at home that connects engineering concepts to careers. The day will end with a little career research. Use if you'd like: Mission to Mars Stem Lesson HERE
Happy St. Patrick's Day! 


2 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for all the hard work. It is helping us here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy! I will keep this doing this if I know it is helping people!

      Delete